My client is a specialist independent surveyors who are well known for their commitment for identifying the root of the problem rather than treating symptoms. Their clients include major heritage organisations, institutions, developers, contractors and commercial property managers, as well as private owners and they enjoy an excellent reputation amongst fellow industry professionals such as Architects and Structural Engineers.
They are recruiting for an all-rounder with excellent broad technical abilities who are able to cover a full range of practical building survey investigations and give advice on historic building condition and repair.
The role involves on-site survey and investigation and office based report preparation, analytical work and client consultancy. There is a great deal of site work required in generating the reports we issue and therefore surveying staff not only have to be technically competent but also physically robust. In addition, you will need to have a driving licence
Candidates with a knowledge of Mycology, Entomology, wood science and environmental monitoring systems are highly desirable. Applicants should be familiar with AutoCAD. In-house training is provided with the purpose of you swiftly becoming a fee generator for the company. There are regular opportunities to attend external training courses to expand your own knowledge base and to develop your individual skill set.
To carry out minimally invasive building investigations and analysis of Building Pathology utilising a range of techniques and to prepare reports, including CAD plans, primarily but not necessarily exclusively, for historic buildings
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the provision of high quality advice relating to building material condition and performance to the client, being professional at all times
- Attending meetings with clients and consultants and assist in giving appraisals of building material condition and building material performance
- To keep abreast of all relevant statutory changes and heritage best practice
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the skills and experience of the post holder and the needs of the company
- You will be responsible for the safety and adequacy of your own site investigations, for the detail and clarity of your advice and reports
- Your work will include the investigation of and research into building failures of all sorts, but will mainly consist of carrying out site investigations and producing reports on building failures involving moisture penetration and timber decay. This may also involve the use and installation of specialist monitoring equipment
- Assisting in the promotion of the company through personal contacts with current and potential clients, attendance at events and conferences and in any other ways that would be beneficial to the company
My client is an independent Chartered Surveyors who carry out a wide range of building surveying work and project management, mostly in high end residential sector.
They are looking for a dynamic, ambitious and experienced Chartered Building Surveyor to carry out a broad range of activities, reporting directly to the Managing Director.
The successful candidate will need to manage a busy and varied workload and must be MRICS qualified with experience in the residential sector.
This is a full-time role with a generous salary which will reflect the level of experience of the successful candidate and includes a performance-related bonus.
Even though most of the work will be in London, you must have a full clean driving licence as some of the work will be in the home counties. The office is based in Surrey to being able to commute to the office is preferable but there is the opportunity of flexible working in the future.
Our clients are a well-established Construction contractor specialising in providing a complete turnkey service, focusing mainly on the Leisure & Hospitality sectors. Following substantial growth, they are currently looking for an experienced Construction Buyer to join their team in Surrey.
They're looking for an ambitious Buyer with previous experience working in a similar role within a construction company, to become a key member of their small well-established Procurement Team reporting to the Commercial Director. The company is continuing to expand so the role would be suitable for an ambitious candidate looking for a challenge offering genuine progression and development prospects. In return, they're offering a competitive salary up to £40K (depending on experience).
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assist Quantity Surveyor in obtaining supplier quotes for tenders. Carry out any take offs necessary. Advise on any potential design change benefits
- Working with the Project Surveyor and Ops team, produce and manage the procurement schedules
- In line with the procurement schedule send out supplier enquiries, complete quote analysis and issue recommendation, to ensure programme and cost requirements are achieved
- Place supplier orders and manage accounts accordingly. Address any design changes/recommendations. Manage & update supplier database
- Ensure all necessary supplier documentation is in place e.g. warranties, insurance etc.
- Implement and ensure strict change control and advise Project Surveyor and Ops team of any issues
- Issue Buying Report to Project Surveyor to enable accurate completion of CVR
- Previous experience in a Buying role within a construction contractor
- Good all round working knowledge of the Construction industry
- Must be organised and able to manage own workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
Our client is an established Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy undertaking a wide range of assignments, providing practical and innovative Landscape and Architectural designs for clients in the private, public and corporate sectors.
They are currently looking to recruit a junior Revit Technician for their Surrey office.
The role would be to use CAD/Revit software to create 2D & 3D models and design plans in accordance with the company CAD, technical and data management strategy and protocols including building information modelling (BIM), document management systems and collaboration portals in conjunction with their teams of Landscape Architect, Planners and Urban designers.
Knowledge of some of the following would be useful;
BIM Project Coordination
Handle complex drafting assignments under supervision from senior team members.
Create and develop 2D & 3D models.
Maintain all revisions of project drawings.
Revise and update CAD Revit drawings as required.
Work with other teams to obtain reference information for drawings.
Work with project teams to execute projects on time and on budget.
Ensure that all work carried out is in compliance with company standards.
Liaise with other disciplines and Clients as required to obtain critical design information necessary to complete project
Excellent remuneration package is available for this role along with excellent career progression and ongoing support.
I have a client with a vacancy for an AssocRICS/MRICS Registered Valuer capable of hitting the ground running with residential red book valuations.
The valuations will be mainly on behalf of housing associations in blocks / developments that are well known to the business. You will be mainly cover the South West so will need a vehicle for business use and be happy to travel, although you will ideally be based in the Surrey office.
APC training will be provided for if you are still at the end of your training and looking to progress to chartered we would be happy to assist in this and if you wish to expand your experience you will be supported with the training to take on homebuyers surveys. The main requirement is for someone to conduct valuations, and this will be the main bulk of the work.
There is plenty of parking on site and you will have full office admin support and of course equipment to carry out your role.
The successful candidate will be offered up to £45,000 per annum plus pension (after successful probation period), 20 days holiday increasing by an additional day per year up to a maximum of 25, discretionary bonus.
Independent Chartered Surveyors are offering the opportunity for a Chartered Building Surveyor to work from home offering Building Surveys, Party Wall advice, asset management and property valuations.
You will be home based so would need to be a self-starter with the confidence to work autonomously.
You will be offering expert, tailored advice on residential and commercial property, whether clients are moving, investing in a property or managing a portfolio.
You will be a Senior Building Surveyor in a nationwide network of surveyors. You must be chartered with the RICS (MRICS or FRICS) with ideally a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role.
Ideally you will have some commercial, party wall or valuation experience but this is not essential.
Most importantly you must be motivated and able to work on your own.
There is no micromanagement here, just the trust you will work with professionalism, focusing on providing a customer experience that is second to none and be able to organise your own work and diary efficiently.
Salary will vary depending on experience and locations but expected earnings will be from £40k to £70k+.
Our clients are a well-established construction consultancy specialising in the Leisure and Hospitality sectors. As they continue to grow, they're currently looking for an ambitious Quantity Surveyor to join their London office.
They're ideally looking for a QS with a minimum of 3 years' experience to join their team managing multiple projects including high-end hotel and restaurant refurbishments ranging in value from £2m to £20m. Experience in the Leisure and/or Hospitality sectors is desirable but not essential. This is an excellent opportunity to join a progressive consultancy offering a competitive salary package with excellent career progression prospects to move into an Associate/Partner level position in the near future.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience
- MRICS qualified or working towards
- Experience in the Leisure and Hospitality sectors is preferred
- BSc Quantity Surveying degree
- Experience managing projects from inception through to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Full UK drivers licence
Our clients are a leading International Cost & Project Management Consultancy operating across both the Public and Private sectors. As part of their ongoing growth plan, they are currently looking for a Project Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Surrey.
They are ideally looking for a Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years' experience (MRICS qualified or workings towards) to be involved in all aspects of Quantity Surveying from cost planning and pre-contract documentation to final accounts with a varied and interesting workload. This position would suit an ambitious QS looking to further their career in traditional and progressive aspects, together with structured APC training and genuine career progression prospects within the company.
This role will involve (but not be limited to) the following areas:
- Feasibility cost planning
- Cost planning
- Budget management and reconciliation
- Risk management value management
- Tendering and procurement
- Preparation of contract documentation
- Budget reconciliation
- Post contract cost control incorporating
- Financial reporting
- Cashflow Reconciliation
- Agreement of final account
- Claims resolution
- BSc Quantity Surveying Degree
- MRICS qualified or working towards
- A minimum of 5 years' experience (ideally consultancy background)
- Able to work autonomously and also work well in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to maintain and develop client relationships
- Project Management / Employers Agent experience would be advantageous but not essential
Our client is a large multi-disciplined, environmental design consultancy that provides comprehensive, integrated services to their clients in urban and landscape design and environmental planning. They are continually evolving the service that they provide in order to meet clients' needs in an ever-changing environment. They currently have an exciting opportunity for an innovative, talented Landscape Architect to join their established team in Surrey.
The role will involve assisting with specific strategic landscape design projects as well as the provision of specialist landscape and urban design advice at all stages of the design process. The successful applicant will travel to project sites and assist with landscape survey work and contribute towards any final reports.
Applicants must have a first degree/diploma in Landscape Architecture and should be Part III qualified and a member of the Landscape Institute. A thorough knowledge of technical, legislative and policy framework and best practice relating to landscape and design matters is required as are strong analytical and design capabilities. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential.
In return our client is offering the successful candidate a competitive salary plus additional benefits.
Our Client provides air quality and water treatment services to the building services, facilities management and healthcare sectors. They are now looking to recruit a Water Treatment Consultant to join the company to cover some prestigious sites in London and South East.
As a Water Treatment Service Chemist you will carry out analytical servicing work on Closed Systems and domestic water services.
Candidates with experience in analytical testing of Cooling Towers would be a bonus.
When on site you will still be carrying out Water Hygiene duties along with your service chemist work.
Applicants will be seeking to gain a long term career within the water treatment industry.
In return the Client is offering an extensive training programme, in addition to a competitive salary and benefits package including company vehicle.