Our clients are a well-established Construction contractor specialising in providing a complete turnkey service, focusing mainly on the Leisure & Hospitality sectors. Following substantial growth, they are currently looking for an experienced Construction Buyer to join their team in Surrey.
They're looking for an ambitious Buyer with previous experience working in a similar role within a construction company, to become a key member of their small well-established Procurement Team reporting to the Commercial Director. The company is continuing to expand so the role would be suitable for an ambitious candidate looking for a challenge offering genuine progression and development prospects. In return, they're offering a competitive salary up to £40K (depending on experience).
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Assist Quantity Surveyor in obtaining supplier quotes for tenders. Carry out any take offs necessary. Advise on any potential design change benefits
- Working with the Project Surveyor and Ops team, produce and manage the procurement schedules
- In line with the procurement schedule send out supplier enquiries, complete quote analysis and issue recommendation, to ensure programme and cost requirements are achieved
- Place supplier orders and manage accounts accordingly. Address any design changes/recommendations. Manage & update supplier database
- Ensure all necessary supplier documentation is in place e.g. warranties, insurance etc.
- Implement and ensure strict change control and advise Project Surveyor and Ops team of any issues
- Issue Buying Report to Project Surveyor to enable accurate completion of CVR
- Previous experience in a Buying role within a construction contractor
- Good all round working knowledge of the Construction industry
- Must be organised and able to manage own workload
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.