Are you looking for a new opportunity with a forward thinking consultancy offering building surveying and compliance advice to a wide range of clients?
Do you have at least two years' post qualification experience?
I have an opportunity for an ambitious, client focused and motivated MRICS Building Surveyor to work with a number of high net worth individuals as well as managing agents, local businesses and solicitors.
The office in Sussex based but you will have to spend some time in the London office and if you prefer to work full time in London this is possible but will need to attend meetings in Sussex when required.
To be successful in your application you will need to meet the following criteria:
* Degree in Building Surveying (or similar)
* Member of Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)
* Good working knowledge of statutory requirements for building works
* Conversant with Building Regulations, Planning and Consents processes
* Knowledge of or experienced in use of NBS or other similar specification packages
* IT and Design skills, including use of Windows packages, CAD and freehand drafting
Some examples of projects you will be involved in are as follows:
* Advising clients on schemes and projects and determining requirements
* Preparation of scheme designs with costings, project programmes and specifications of works
* Preparation of planning applications, building regulations applications and listed building consent applications
* Preparation of documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors and procurement routes
* Contract administration and management of projects on site
* Communication and liaison with various stakeholders including clients, building owners, managing agents, tenants, contractors and other members of the project team
* Advising on Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
* Scope of role - Surveys and Defect Analysis
* Identifying and analysing defects, including costed proposals for repair
* Undertaking full building surveys and condition surveys
* Undertaking inspections and preparation of schedules of condition
* Preparation of planned maintenance plans
* Preparation of reinstatement cost assessments
Ideally you will have similar experience in a similar role including:
* Preparation and negotiation of dilapidations
* Carrying out feasibility studies
* Acting as Party Wall surveyor
* Advising on boundary disputes
* Dealing with Landlord and Tenant matters including issuing notices and carrying out duties under Code of Practice
* Advising clients in respect of all property and construction related legislation
* Scope of role - General
* Management of continuing professional development
* Developing new client leads including attending networking events
Keywords: mrics, rics, frics, assocrics, ciob, Dilapidation, HomeBuyer, Valuation, Party wall, Building Surveyor, Surveyor, Construction, Residential, Property, Commercial, acquisition, condition surveys, pathology, specification, reporting, contract administration, AutoCAD, real estate, CDM, Health and safety, project management, condition, defects, flexible working. Private practice, social housing, contract, schedules of condition, schedule or works, design.