Do you want to be part of a professional team offering a wide range of services from construction and civil engineering to property development and facilities management? Are you capable of taking care of your clients' requirements from design to completion beyond their expectations?
We are looking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor to work with our Professional Services Team working within the Facilities Management division.
Responsibilities will include undertaking a wide range of Building Surveying activities:-
- Design, Project Management, Contract Administration, Defects Analysis, Schedules of Condition, Dilapidations, Asset Management advice and property maintenance repair advice to clients and general technical support to the wider FM business
Additionally, you will be involved in numerous tasks including but not limited to:
- Managing refurbishment projects from inception to completion
- Writing and preparing reports, technical specifications, drawings, schedules and related contract documentation
- Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Providing professional project monitoring interface between the construction professions, contractors and client organisations
- Acting as lead consultant on large schemes
- Detailed knowledge and experience of JCT contracts
- Acting as Principal Designer
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients and undertaking role of principle contact
- Advising and supporting colleagues on technical, contractual and procedural issues relating to all property matters
- Assisting the Head of Professional Services to provide a consistent approach to life cycle strategy/replacements across the portfolio
- Successful and consistent financial and budgetary delivery ensuring commercial decisions are taken at all times
- Undertaking condition surveys
- Preparing and presenting reports
- Undertaking dilapidations surveys and reports
- Providing technical support to clients for the completion of reactive repairs
- Providing technical support to clients for the completion of PPM and compliance activities
- Working closely with clients on an ongoing basis providing property management and maintenance advice
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Building Surveyor with a background in a similar environment and have extensive knowledge of CDM Regulations. It is essential that you have a proven track record in delivering projects against client requirements.
You will have life cycle costing experience and financial budgetary skills and preferably you will have an understanding of PFI/LIFT contracts although this is not an essential requirement. It goes without saying that you will have excellent communication skills both oral and written and have a positive can do attitude.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, company car or car allowance, healthcare and other benefits.
Keywords: mrics, rics, frics, assocrics, ciob, Dilapidation, HomeBuyer, Valuation, Party wall, Building Surveyor, Building Surveying, Building surveys, Surveyor, Construction, Residential, Property, Commercial, acquisition, condition surveys, pathology, specification, reporting, contract administration, AutoCAD, real estate, CDM, Health and safety, project management, condition, defects, flexible working. Private practice, social housing, contract, schedules of condition, schedule or works, design, acquisition,