Our client is a Water Hygiene Service Company, specialists operating in the building services sector. They are a field based service organisation in a business to business environment, providing solutions for statutory Health and Safety compliance issues such as the control and prevention of Legionnaires' disease.
They are currently looking to recruit a Water Hygiene Technician for their offices in Bristol.
The ideal candidate will have the confidence to operate in an environment where job details may not be known in advance, and obstacles arise on a daily basis. You must have the intelligence and intuition to solve the sundry issues without help and to identify and call of help on the serious issues.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
GCSE Maths and English grade C and above
- 2 years' experience in Water Hygiene / Legionella control industry
- Experience which demonstrates mechanical aptitude and technical ability
- Enthusiasm about the Company and the job
- Experience at working unsupervised
- Capable of physical work, lifting, carrying and climbing
- Full current UK driving Licence
A plumbing qualification or plumbing experience and 2 years' experience in any field based role would be desirable. Understanding of the ACoP L8 and water treatment plants, holder of C&G risk assessment certificate and Confined Spaces certificate and a current CSCS card would also be an advantage.
The job tasks are as following:
- Cold water storage tank cleaning and disinfection, which includes handling and dosing chemicals.
- Cold water storage tank lining, including using an angle grinder and painting.
- Showerhead cleaning and disinfection.
- Cold water storage tank inspections.
- Water hygiene monitoring tasks including temperature testing, tank inspections, samples and calorifier inspections.
- Underground mains disinfections
- Duct work cleaning
- Preparing and completing job sheets by hand
- Accurately completing procedure logs by hand
- Ensuring there is a full working set of equipment and P.P.E prior to attending site work
- Driving to site (circa 25,000 business miles per annum)
- Taking and submitting water samples
- Completing log books
- Maintaining a professional and tidy appearance, both personally and with the kit and van
- Confirming attendance on site direct with customers prior to arrival
- Taking ownership of issues and problems as they arise and trying to solve them there and then
Basic salary up to £24K
20 days holiday plus bank holidays
A company van
Company pension scheme and a full induction.
Candidates will live in the South West around Bristol, Bath, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Swindon, Weston Super-mare, Chippenham, Stroud
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.