Senior Estimator - Greater Manchester
Our clients are a well-established construction and civil engineering contractor operating throughout the UK. Following continued success, they are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team based in Manchester.
They're looking for a Senior Estimator from a Civil Engineering background with proven experience managing tenders from start to finish. The group's main projects are civils and groundworks with values up to £10m. You will need to have a keen attention to detail, and be able to understand engineering specifications, work scopes and drawings. You must have fantastic maths and IT skills, and be able to cope with a fluctuating workload, working under pressure and to deadlines.
The role will include (but not limited to):
- Management of enquiries and invitation to tenders from start to finish, within allocated deadlines
- Assessing and reviewing all tender information received and attend any site visits or pre-tender meetings
- Prepare tender programmes and submission documents
- Compile detailed job costs
- Compile and submit all bid documents
- Compile final pricing in required format
- Undertake detailed commercial review with senior management prior to submission of tender to the client
- Minimum 5 years' Estimating experience working within a construction or civil engineering environment
- Strong all round construction knowledge
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Ability to understand engineering specifications, work scopes & drawings
- Excellent Maths & IT skills
- Able to cope with a fluctuating workload, working under pressure and to deadlines
- Up to £50,000 salary
- Company pension scheme
- Full corporate benefits
Keywords: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consultant, Cost Manager, Construction, Cost Management, Cost Consultancy, Project Manager, Project Management, Estimator, Employer's Agent, Cost Estimator, MRICS, MCIOB, RICS
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.