Quantity Surveyor - Essex/London
Our clients are a family run construction contractor specialising in high-end Residential refurbishments, conversions, extensions and new builds. Following continued success, they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their team based out of their Essex office.
They're ideally looking for a Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 5 years' experience to join their team managing high-end residential projects throughout London. Experience working in the high-end residential sector is essential. Candidates must have excellent communication and organisation skills as well as being able to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
Responsibilities to include (but not limited to):
- Maximise project margin and add value to the construction process by proactive involvement in procurement, cost management and reporting
- To drive best value from suppliers and subcontractors. To carry out monthly financial reviews on projects and forecast final outcome values for cost, sales and margin.
- Maximise value of monthly applications and measurement and submission of contract variations
- Timely submission and negotiation of final accounts to the client / representatives
- Prepare and monitor project cashflow forecasts
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level
- Assist the Directors with a range of other duties as may be required from time to time
- Technically qualified
- Minimum 5 years' quantity surveying experience
- Experience working on high-end residential projects is essential
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales
- Multi tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities
- IT Literate able to use Microsoft Office, excel & ideally project
- Demonstrable experience in JCT contracts
- Full UK drivers licence
- £40,000 - £60,000 salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Travel expenses paid for
- Company pension scheme
- Full corporate benefits
Keywords: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consultant, Cost Manager, Construction, Cost Management, Cost Consultancy, Project Manager, Project Management, Estimator, Employer's Agent, Cost Estimator, MRICS, MCIOB, RICS
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.