Graduate Project Manager - Manchester
We're currently working with a Construction consultancy specialising in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying & Project Management across all aspects of the built environment. As they continue to grow, they are currently looking for a Graduate Project Manager to join their Manchester office.
They are looking for a Graduate Project Manager to assist with a wide range of construction projects from inception to completion. You will need to be able to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering information and analysing important metrics. You will be providing knowledge of cost, procurement and construction methods that support development business decisions. You will be required to assist in a Project Management role and exposed to delivery of construction projects ranging from £250k to £40m.
In this role you will:
o Determine key variables for cost and other estimates, assist with the production of cost
plans and measurement
o Gather first-hand information from sites, complete due diligence (from a commercial
perspective) on potential developments and provide written reports of advice to clients
o Conduct research to obtain data on labour costs, materials, production times etc.
o Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
o Obtain and review offers and quotes by main contractors, subcontractors or vendors.
o Understand the various procurement methods and have strong communication skills
o Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
- Minimum of 6 months Quantity Surveying or Project Management experience
- BSc Quantity Surveying or Project Management degree
- Have a general understanding of Project Management and how to manage meetings,
produce minutes and organise a development/design team meeting
-Proficient using Microsoft Programmes, including Excel, Word, Project and Outlook
- Experience using CAD and COSTX beneficial but not essential
- Good time management, willingness to travel and enthusiastic about progressing a
career in Project Management
- Strong maths and IT ability with an analytical mind-set
- Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities, client facing and ability to relate in
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- Presentable and professional at all times
- £22,000 - £30,000 salary
- Excellent training/mentoring, APC support and career progression prospects
- Great work/life balance
- Regular social activities
- Company pension scheme
- Full corporate benefits
Keywords: Quantity Surveyor, QS, Quantity Surveying, Cost Consultant, Cost Manager, Construction, Cost Management, Cost Consultancy, Project Manager, Project Management, Estimator, Employer's Agent, Cost Estimator, MRICS, MCIOB, RICS
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.