Our clients are a leading Engineering & Construction company, with offices and projects throughout the UK and overseas. They are currently looking to appoint a Project Manager to oversee clean and dirty water projects (Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Engineering works) throughout the South.
You will have full control of the project, ensuring works are completed safely; within programme and budget. Reporting into the Delivery Manager, duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for overseeing a team of Engineers, Foreman and trades
- Working closely with the SHEQ Advisor to control safety, quality & environmental activities
- Ensuring that suitably qualified Personnel (including Subcontractors), Plant and Materials are available
- Monitor and control the performance, organisation, control, management and monitoring of employees and contract staff to ensure it is in accordance with their respective roles and responsibilities
- Planning, monitoring, reviewing and reporting on works to ensure project is delivered within programme and budget
- Controlling contract financial administration / invoicing
- Establish & maintain effective relationships and communications with Clients
- Making sure that the works are completed to the Client's satisfaction, properly inspected and handed over
Due to the nature of works, it is essential that applicants have a background in the successful delivery of Mechanical & Electrical and Civil Engineering projects. You will have an excellent technical ability and be a strong manager of people, possessing the ability to get the most out of your team.
- HND/BEng in either Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering
- Previous experience as a Project Manager, delivering works of at least £10m
- A background working on water / waste water projects would be advantageous
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- IT literate
The company offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. They strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors. They're offering a competitive salary up to £60K plus package including company car (or allowance), 24 days holiday + bank holidays, company pension and more.
Get NEW JOBS like these by
email - as they go live.