Our client is a vibrant, forward thinking ecological consultancy that offers a wide range of ecological services such as habitat and protected species surveys, EIA and mitigation. Their services provide clients with advice and support throughout the lifecycle of every project. They are able to tailor their services to each individual client needs and draw on a wealth of experience to provide a broad range of ecological solutions. Due to continued expansion they now require an Principal Ecologist to join their dynamic team in Hampshire.
Responsibilities will include managing a team of ecologists. You will have good working knowledge of the EIA and planning process and have a good understanding of the relevant environmental legislation. Considerable experience in writing technical proposals, reports and ES Chapters The role will also involve training and mentoring less experienced member of the team. Other duties will include contributing to the production of landscape and ecology strategies for clients as well as business development.
Applicants must possess at least 5 years relevant experience, ideally in a consulting capacity. Experience of project and staff management is essential as is CIEEM membership. A first degree in a relevant subject is essential and a Masters degree in Ecology or related field is preferable. Ideally you will hold at least 2 Protected Species Licences. .
In return our client is offering the successful candidate a competitive salary along with a flexible benefits package.
Our client is one of the UK's leading environmental companies. They specialise in ensuring environmental compliance for construction and development projects using sound, best practice environmental management techniques.
They are currently looking to employ an Ecologist to enhance their team in Hampshire.
The successful candidate will be expected to provide specialist advice to high standards including for protected species assessment; habitat translocation, habitat creation and management, site restoration and rehabilitation, specialist services for planning applications, environmental impact assessments and appropriate assessments.
The ideal candidate will have:
-Minimum 3 years experience
-Phase 1 habitat survey and NVC capability and knowledge of protected species
-Experience of EIA
-Protected species survey licence
-Existing experience in a similar role in consultancy
-Undertaken a project management role in preparing mitigation reports and managing projects under European protected species licence
-A strong understanding of biodiversity issues
-Good communication and IT skills
In return, the company is offering a competitive salary for the successful candidate.
Our clients are a multi-disciplinary Construction consultancy looking for an ambitious Graduate Quantity Surveyor to join their Hampshire office.
They're ideally looking for an ambitious Graduate QS (either recently graduated or about to graduate) and ideally with some previous relevant experience for a Consultancy or Contractor. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast growing consultancy where you will be involved on a range of projects across various market sectors with excellent structured training, APC support and genuine career development prospects.
- BSc Quantity Surveying Degree (or working towards)
- Must have some previous QS experience (consultancy or contractor)
- Ability to prioritise and manage several tasks to deadline
- Excellent report writing and presentation ability
- Good verbal communication skills, comfortable in meetings and happy to contribute in a team environment
- Strong IT skills
- Full UK driving licence
We're currently working with a well-established multi-disciplinary Construction consultancy who are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their Cost Consultancy team in Hampshire where you will be involved on a range of projects across various market sectors.
They are ideally looking for an ambitious QS with a minimum of 4 years' previous experience, either in a consultancy or main contractor environment. Experience across a range of sectors is ideal as the role will involve working on projects in the Residential, Commercial, Healthcare, Education and Leisure sectors.
In return, they are offering a competitive salary, with great benefits including company pension scheme, relevant professional membership fees paid, personal development and CPD training courses.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Preparation of cost plans and budget estimates
- Preparation of feasibility studies
- Preparing, regulating and analysing costs for tenders and contracts
- Valuing work completed on site and certifying payments
- Assessing value for money
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Undertaking the role of Project Manager and Employer's Agent
- Estimating cost variations
- Preparing cost reports and cash flows
- Life cycle costings
- Completing final accounts
- Administering JCT construction contracts and development agreements
- Preparation of Bill of Quantities
- BSc Quantity Surveying Degree
- MRICS or working towards qualification
- Confident with excellent client facing skills
- Ambitious and keen to further develop your career
- Experienced in the roles of Quantity Surveyor and Employer's Agent
- Excellent at problem solving
- Methodical in their approach to tasks
- Experienced in working for a main contractor or developer with a cost estimating background is desirable but not essential
Our client is seeking a Trainee Asbestos Analyst based in the South East.
The successful candidate will be provided training and experience through a staged development programme leading to formal BOHS/RSPH qualifications and role within our asbestos analyst department.
Asbestos analysts travel from site to site carrying out air testing and using a microscope to count fibres found in air samples. Analysts also inspect asbestos removal projects and certify the areas as safe for re-occupation after a formal process.
The roles are site based requiring extensive travelling and requires flexibility to accommodate periods of working weekends and out of hours.
This opportunity will enable the candidate to develop a long term career in the asbestos industry.
The candidate will be rewarded with a salary based on a staged development programme; £17,000 +OT as a new starter, then £18,000 once qualified/authorised. A company vehicle, smartphone and pension will also be provided. (Further progression is available depending on the candidate and business need - progression needed for increase to £18,000 typically takes 6 months depending on the candidate).
Main Duties (training will be provided):
- 'Shadowing' authorised staff to gain experience
- Commitment to training programme
- Learning approved methods and current legislation
- Using tablet PCs to record findings
- Working to progress through training programme to become an authorised analyst
- Working as an analyst (air) providing static air tests and four stage clearances.
- Full valid driving licence
- A Scientific/Environmentally related degree
- Excellent work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- Availability to work regular overtime
Our client is a Chartered Building Surveying Practice who prides itself on delivering a professional service that adds value to their clients through an experienced team of professionals throughout Hampshire.
A position has become available in London for a technically competent Chartered Building Surveyor with at least 3 years PQE, ideally with a broad skill base but would also suit someone with more specific expertise such as dilapidations or party wall.
The ideal candidates will be technically competent in a range of service areas, with a particular emphasis on:
- Building & Structural Surveys / Defect Diagnosis.
- Insurance surveying
- Party Wall
- Project Management
There is potential to develop a specialism approach in the future and a more senior position may be available for the right candidate