Do you want to be part of a professional team offering a wide range of services from construction and civil engineering to property development and facilities management? Are you capable of taking care of your clients' requirements from design to completion beyond their expectations?
We are looking to recruit a Chartered Building Surveyor to work with our Professional Services Team working within the Facilities Management division.
Responsibilities will include undertaking a wide range of Building Surveying activities:-
- Design, Project Management, Contract Administration, Defects Analysis, Schedules of Condition, Dilapidations, Asset Management advice and property maintenance repair advice to clients and general technical support to the wider FM business
Additionally, you will be involved in numerous tasks including but not limited to:
- Managing refurbishment projects from inception to completion
- Writing and preparing reports, technical specifications, drawings, schedules and related contract documentation
- Preparing documents for tender and advising on appointing contractors, designers and procurement routes
- Providing professional project monitoring interface between the construction professions, contractors and client organisations
- Acting as lead consultant on large schemes
- Detailed knowledge and experience of JCT contracts
- Acting as Principal Designer
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients and undertaking role of principle contact
- Advising and supporting colleagues on technical, contractual and procedural issues relating to all property matters
- Assisting the Head of Professional Services to provide a consistent approach to life cycle strategy/replacements across the portfolio
- Successful and consistent financial and budgetary delivery ensuring commercial decisions are taken at all times
- Undertaking condition surveys
- Preparing and presenting reports
- Undertaking dilapidations surveys and reports
- Providing technical support to clients for the completion of reactive repairs
- Providing technical support to clients for the completion of PPM and compliance activities
- Working closely with clients on an ongoing basis providing property management and maintenance advice
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Building Surveyor with a background in a similar environment and have extensive knowledge of CDM Regulations. It is essential that you have a proven track record in delivering projects against client requirements.
You will have life cycle costing experience and financial budgetary skills and preferably you will have an understanding of PFI/LIFT contracts although this is not an essential requirement. It goes without saying that you will have excellent communication skills both oral and written and have a positive can do attitude.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including contributory pension scheme, company car or car allowance, healthcare and other benefits.
Our client is an established and recognised company within the water treatment and environmental services market. They are now looking to recruit a Water Treatment Engineer to work out of their North West Office
They are looking for an engineer who has experience with the following:
Clean and disinfection of cold water storage tanks
C&D of cooling towers
Chlorination of domestic hot and cold water services
Pre-commission cleaning of closed heating and cooling systems
Closed system testing
Acid cleaning and descaling of boilers and heat exchangers
In return the company are willing to pay a competitive salary and benefits package
Our clients are a well-established consultancy who specialise in providing Project Management, Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying services across a variety of market sectors including Residential, Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Industrial & Distribution. As they continue to expand, they are currently looking for an ambitious Project Manager to join their team based out of their Manchester office.
They're ideally looking for someone with a minimum of 3 years' experience, preferably in a consultancy environment, to join their team working on an exciting range of projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing company offering excellent training and genuine career development prospects along with a competitive salary (up to £50K depending on experience/qualifications) plus package.
- BSc Quantity Surveying or Construction Management Degree
- Minimum of 3 years' experience, preferably in a consultancy environment
- Experience working in multiple sectors is desirable but not essential
- Either already pursuing professional chartership or looking to do so in the near future
- Excellent communication and client-facing skills
- Full UK drivers licence
Multi disciplinary consultancy have a vacancy for a Building Surveyor to join their office in Greater Manchester.
You will ideally be chartered but if you have a similar qualification in Construction this will be considered.?
The role would suit someone who has over 5 years of experience in the following:
Commercial and Residential properties.
You will be willing to travel throughout the UK and hold a valid UK driving licence and have access to your own vehicle for business use.?
The successful candidate will be self managing and be ambitious with excellent communication skills able to work with case managers and legal representatives and have potential to bring in instructions.
Basic salary will range from £40k to £50k and be dependent on the level of qualification and experience of the successful candidate.?
I am looking for committed and enthusiastic MRICS/FRICS Chartered Surveyor who are looking for an employer with the same values.
My client is an established, leading supplier of Surveys and Valuations, with an excellent reputation for delivering outstanding customer service. Specialising in providing private surveys direct to the customer, rather than solely institution driven mortgage inspections. Their objective is to become a leading supplier of private surveys and property services throughout the UK in the next three years.
My client guarantees you:
- Market leading salary plus a realistic OTE
- Company car or allowance
- On-going development and internal CPD events
- Full administration and technical back-up
- Superb career prospects
- An inclusive working environment with easy and open communication
They are fully committed to the on-going development of the team and this is an excellent opportunity to further your career. Their culture and ethos places surveyor engagement and inclusion at the very top of its agenda. You will be rewarded with a variety of work, clear visibility and certainty of commissions earned.
If you don't have the relevant skills required for this particular position please get in contact as we have other Building Surveying and General Practice vacancies throughout the UK from Graduate level to Director/Partner, some of which are not advertised due to the clients request.
Chartered Surveyors based in London are looking for an additional Chartered Building Surveyor to join their team assisting with company growth and continued excellence in customer care.?
They have a requirement for an experienced Building Surveyor able to undertake Condition Assessments, Building Surveys and HomeBuyers Surveys for a wide range of commercial and residential property-types.?
In addition to this you will utilise your knowledge of the property market and relevant legislation to produce reports such as Homebuyers Reports / Building Surveys / Defect Diagnosis / Structural Defect Reports / Expert Witness.
We are looking for someone who keeps up with legislation, regular CPD and has a good understanding of RICS requirements and all relevant legislation.
If you are a registered Valuer even better!
For your application to be accepted you will ideally meet the following criteria:
> Chartered Building Surveyor (MRICS)?
> Over 1 year of post qualification experience?
> Due to the requirements of regular travel you must have your own car and a full drivers licence.?
The salary range for this role is in the region of £45,000 to £55,000 depending on the level of experience plus performance related bonus plus a generous benefits package.
Our client is an established and recognised company within the water treatment and environmental services market. The company are now recruiting for a Water Treatment/Sales Account Manager based in Greater Manchester to join their team.
The company are looking for someone with New Business sales experience in cooling and boiling water treatment in the Industrial market. Candidates will be given a small account base but this role is predominately new business so candidates must be prepared to cold call
Ideal candidates will have a strong technical background with proven success and experience in site chemical analysis, technical service, account management, client liaison and the ability to drive sustainable sales growth.
Candidates will be degree qualified in a relevant science / chemistry degree.
In return the company offer a competitive basic salary and good commission rates
Our clients are a large Construction & Civil Engineering contractor based in the North West. Due to recent success they are currently looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor.
The Quantity Surveyor will assist in the day to day financial management of allocated contracts, including procurement, monitoring and payment of nominated subcontractors. You will join an established team of Quantity Surveyors and report to the Commercial Manager.
Responsibilities would include:
-Managing monthly cost reports, as well as forecasting cost and value accurately from commencement of a project through to completion of the project on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
-Submission of interim and final valuations promptly
-Review contract progress and be proactive in addressing issues, including the issuing of relevant notices as required
-Review all issues including providing solutions, costs and advice to ensure successful project completion
-Ensure cash flow is maintained and provide early forecasting of any short fall
-The procurement, placement of orders, payment, monitoring and review of subcontractors
-Agreeing final accounts with clients and subcontractors
-The successful applicant will be an experienced Quantity Surveyor who is commercially aware and contractually astute
-You will be conversant in the NEC Suite of Contracts; FIDIC, ICC and JCT contracts.
-You will also be an excellent team player who is capable of working individually with a demonstrable track record of successful commercial management of civil engineering projects including major earthworks and Balance of Plant for onshore wind farms.
Benefits: Pension, generous holidays, private healthcare, car allowance or company car.
Our clients are a well-established construction and civil engineering contractor operating throughout the UK. Following continued success, they are currently looking for a Senior Estimator to join their team based in Manchester.
They're looking for a Senior Estimator from a Civil Engineering background with proven experience managing tenders from start to finish. The groups main projects are civils and groundworks with values up to £10m. You will need to have a keen attention to detail, and be able to understand engineering specifications, work scopes and drawings. You must have fantastic maths and IT skills, and be able to cope with a fluctuating workload, working under pressure and to deadlines.
The role will include (but not limited to):
- Management of enquiries and invitation to tenders from start to finish, within allocated deadlines
- Assessing and reviewing all tender information received and attend any site visits or pre-tender meetings
- Prepare tender programmes and submission documents
- Compile detailed job costs
- Compile and submit all bid documents
- Compile final pricing in required format
- Undertake detailed commercial review with senior management prior to submission of tender to the client
In return, you will receive a competitive salary dependant on experience plus company car/car allowance and 22 days holiday plus bank holidays
We are currently working with a leading Property & Construction consultancy, with offices based throughout the UK and Europe, who are looking to recruit a Chartered Quantity Surveyor to join their rapidly expanding Manchester office.
They're ideally looking for someone MRICS qualified, with a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a consultancy environment, to work within their multi-disciplinary team on a variety of commercial, residential, healthcare and education projects. The role will include Quantity Surveying, Employers Agent and Project Monitoring responsibilities on projects throughout the North West. Candidates should have excellent communication/client facing skills, be attentive to detail, personable with a can-do attitude and with the ability to develop and enhance Client relationship.
In return, they're offering a competitive salary, car allowance, Health / Life insurance, payment of professional fees, discretionary bonus and a contributory pension.
- MRICS qualified
- Minimum of 5 years' experience within a consultancy environment
- Experience across the Commercial, Residential, Healthcare &/or Education sectors is desirable
- Experience carrying out Quantity Surveying, Employer's Agent & Project Monitoring duties
- Able to work autonomously
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Full UK drivers licence