Our clients are a Civil Engineering contractor operating throughout various market sectors including Housing, Industrial, Commercial sectors on a range of projects including Roads & Sewers, Groundworks, Bulk excavation, Drainage and Highway construction. Due to recent growth, they are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in Cheshire working on a number of Groundworks and Civil Engineering projects throughout the North West.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years civil engineering experience
- Educated to degree level (BSc or higher) in Commercial Management/Quantity Surveying or similar.
- Should demonstrate good understanding of the main civil engineering forms of contract such as ICC and NEC, with working knowledge of the standard forms of construction contracts for both main and subcontract roles.
- Highly IT literate
- Be highly literate with the ability to write contractual letters and reports
- Excellent communication skills and confident in negotiating on behalf of the company
- Be able to understand and interpret drawings, specifications, contracts, methods of measurement and construction programmes
- Be able to work unsupervised
- Candidates should have good general civils, remediation and earthworks experience and sound commercial and contractual knowledge
Our client is a Landscape Architecture Consultancy that offer a wide variety of Design and Environmental services to both the public and private sector.
Due to an increase in work, they are currently seeking a Landscape Architect to join their ambitious and progressive team in Merseyside.
They have an impressive portfolio of national and regional projects at all stages of the planning, design and construction process including development promotion, masterplanning, public realm design, rural and green infrastructure planning and design.
The post will be to support the Senior team on a variety of projects in the areas of conceptual design, detailed design and project management Other areas you will be involved in will include landscape character assessment, environmental planning and environmental impact assessment while utilising and developing the use of GIS as a tool. There will also be elements of client facing responsibilities and attend site visits to assist/advise on landscape surveys.
Applicants must have a degree/diploma in Landscape Architecture or a related discipline and a minimum of 1 years previous experience. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for the role as is the capacity to work with others in an inspiring team environment.
In return, the company is offering a competitive salary with bonus packages for the right candidates. There is excellent opportunity to progress in the industry with ongoing training, exciting projects and P2C support when the time is right. They also offer flexible working hours to help with good work/life balance.
Our clients are a growing Environmental consultancy with offices based throughout the UK. As they continue to expand, they are currently looking for an experienced Asbestos Surveyor/Analyst to join their team in the North West.
They're ideally looking for a P402, P403 & P404 qualified Surveyor with a minimum of 2 years' experience in the Asbestos industry to join their growing team covering the North West. This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing consultancy offering a competitive salary with genuine training and progression prospects to further develop your career.
- BOHS P402, P403 & P404 (or RSPH equivalent)
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in the Asbestos industry
- Experience carrying out Management, Refurbishment & Demolition surveys, Air Monitoring and 4 stage clearances on various property types
- Must be willing and able to travel to sites as and when required
- Full UK drivers licence
Our clients are a Construction & Property Development contractor with extensive experience of delivering multi-million pound mixed use projects throughout the North West. Due to recent growth, they are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join their team in the North West.
They are looking for a Quantity Surveor with at least 3 years' experience to join their team working on a large mixed use development project. Excellent opportunity to develop and progress your career with ongoing training and genuine career progression prospects. Competitive salary + car allowance + benefits on offer.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Ideally educated to degree level, with a minimum of 3 years post qualification experience
- Experience in construction sector from Main Contractor background (high rise experience
desirable but not essential)
- Experience in subcontract procurement and management
- Knowledge of JCT Contracts
- Needs to be confident and a strong team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate across project team at all levels
- IT literate
- Understanding of design development process
- Ideally will have strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Preparation of tender documents and procurement of subcontract packages, including
production of bills of quantities as necessary
- Report on tender submissions
- Preparation of subcontract documentation
- Carry out take offs for material procurement
- Assisting in Sub-contract negotiation and letting
- Site measurement including material and waste records
- Manage and value variations
- Preparation and issue of contractual notices to sub-contractors
- Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim valuations and final accounts
- Administration of subcontract works in accordance with company procedures
- Assist Senior QS in project forecasting and reporting
- Cost and cash management reporting of subcontract works
- Support to Senior QS in development of junior members of the project team